Saturday, August 25, 2012

Saturdays

Probably the wisest thing I did on arriving in Montreal was buying a bycycle. I got one used for 60 dollars. The guy in the bike store said he would buy it back for the same price when I leave. Not sure if he will keep his word, but even if I only get 40 dollars it will be worth it. Biking around in town is much better than taking the subway, like I did the first week.

Mostly I bike up to Rue Mont-Royal for a coffee and checking out some used bookstores before moving on down to Parc La Fontaine for some reading and quality squirrel watching time. Square Saint-Louis is also nice. I discovered a bookstore I hadn't seen before on Milton Street, The Word Bookstore. Amazon has ruined a bit the joy of bookbrowsing, but still...

No comments:

Post a Comment